Monday 14 July 2014

Finish Along Quarter 3

I've procrastinated for too long about joining in the Finish Along as well as getting my teeth into blogging but I've pulled my finger out and got this in just in time. I'm hoping it'll give me some focus over the next few months too. So I'm linking up with Katy at The Littlest Thistle in the hope the shame make me finish things this time. 




Please excuse my poor efforts at a blog - it will become shiner with time I'm sure and my husband would have a fit if he saw these photos - my phone in my bedroom at 11pm is not ideal! 

Thanks to Hannah at Sewing and Slinging as it was her Finish Along blog post I took inspiration from when doing mine. 

In no particular order here are 10 of my WIPs that I really want to finish this summer:

1. Splitting Squares Quilt

Anna at Quilting Along the Grain's  Splitting squares quilt, I won the pattern in a giveaway last summer and made the top last August, got no further. The sashing is navy, rather than black I promise!




2. Spotty Plus Baby Quilt

Made the top this April, again got no further.






3. Posy Baby Quilt

Only started last month, my current project. Needs a couple more borders then quilting and binding.




4. Disappearing 9 Patch Quilt

Disappearing 9 patch, did these over a year ago, never got any further.




5. Simply Solids Wonky Stars Quilt 

Last year to compliment their new monthly solid stash club Laura produced a wonky star quilt pattern for Simply Solids one of my favourite fabric shops. I did pretty well keeping up with making the stars until the autumn, then it all went a bit wrong. But I have a recipient for this now so it needs finishing. 




6. Rainbow Baby Lattice Quilt

Wanted to make a quilt for a friend's baby last autumn. Remembered how much I'd liked Laura's Baby Lattice Quilt by Amy Smart so I started, but by the time I cut all the pieces it was getting close to Christmas and it got shoved in a corner somewhere. 




7. Katy's Patchwork Quilt Blocks Quilt

Last summer I got a copy of Katy Jones' book 25 Patchwork Quilt Blocks last summer. Cut 20 out for filler projects, you know when you've just got a little bit of time in an evening to make one block, made 8 then put away...




8. HST Cushion

Finished one of these for my Brother & his wife last year for Christmas, didn't realise I hadn't done second. It was my first play with my Sizzix machine last summer. 





9. Free motion Quilting Petal Cushion

Made this at a workshop at The Skep with Brioni in December, only needs the binding attached, embarrassing.




10. Date Night Purse 

For a little variety my Date Night Purse by Erin at Dog Under My Desk - it's no secret that I love Erin's patterns and rightly so - they contain so much detail and very clear instructions and this is her latest. I only started this last week and am waiting for foam batting before I can finish so hope for this one yet!




That's me done, 7 quilts, 2 cushions and a bag, maybe a little ambitious but the next couple of months are quiet volunteering wise so I'm optimistic I can smash my huge pile of WIPS.....

Look forward to sharing my progress on these and other things and getting to grips with blogging over the next few months. 


2 comments:

  1. That's quite a list!! Lots of baby quilts, you could finish them in no time!! Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on - you can do it. One project at a time ;0)

    ReplyDelete